energyme.com :: news + energy + technology
     
  The Tuesday Letter
Subscribe
Submit Articles
Feedback
Search
Advertise
Events
Product Reviews
Monthly Edition
Energy Archive
 
     
  RSS feeds RSS Feeds  
     
   
     
     
     
   
     
   
 

ENERGY NEWS

 
     
 

Dordives 1-D exploration well spudded

Posted: 28 August 2008

Lundin Petroleum AB reported that exploration well Dordives 1-D in the Ferrieres exploration license, onshore France, has spudded.

The well is located in the south of the Paris Basin.

The exploration well, with a planned depth of 1,750 meters, is targeting the Jurassic reservoir, a well known and proven reservoir in the area.

The Ferrieres prospect has unrisked gross prospective recoverable resources of 14 million barrels of oil (mmbo). The drilling activity is scheduled to take approximately 30 days.

Lundin Petroleum has sigend a farm-out agreement with SPPE (Société Pétrolière de Production et d'Exploitation), a private French independent oil company.

Lundin Petroleum will transfer 35 per cent interest in the license to SPPE and will retain the remaining 65 per cent interest and operatorship.

The agreement is subject to governmental approval.

 

 
     

 

Zamil Industrial

Dana Gas

SABIC

Beach Petroleum

Horizon Oil
Advertise