Dana Gas forms International Advisory Board
Posted: 24 April 2006
Dana Gas, the leading regional natural gas company, reported the formation of an International Advisory Board in an unprecedented initiative in the region to assemble a group of internationally-renowned personalities with backgrounds from the oil and gas industry, to act as a high level strategic advisory forum to the Board of Directors of the Company.
The initial members of the IAB are:
- Sir Graham Hearne, former Chairman of Enterprise Oil plc UK;
- Lord Simon of Highbury, former Chairman of British Petroleum;
- H.E. Nordine Ait-Laoussine, former Algerian Oil Minister and former Head of Sonatrach;
- Mr. Kai Hietarinta, former Vice-Chairman of Neste Oy of Finland;
- Mr. Nader Sultan, former CEO of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation and Director of the Oxford Energy Seminar;
- Dr. Burckhard Bergmann, Chairman & CEO of German energy company Eon-Ruhrgas and member of the Board of Russian gas company Gazprom;
- Dr. Joseph Stanislaw, former CEO of Cambridge Energy Research Associates (CERA).
Other renowned industry business personalities from Japan, China and India will be invited to join the IAB to round-off its global membership.
Sir Graham Hearne, Chairman of the Dana Gas International Advisory Board, said in a statement: “We are very pleased to be involved in such a unique and exciting regional initiative in this ever-more important energy sector. Along with my fellow International Advisory Board members, we look forward to providing a high-level view of practical and strategic advice, as well as assist in international networking, to the Company’s Board of Directors and management as they move forward in developing the business of Dana Gas”.
“The members of the International Advisory Board Members were chosen because of their enormous experience, and in recognition of their positions of international prominence and influence in their respective industries. The purpose of the International Advisory Board will be to provide strategic advice to the Board of Directors of Dana Gas, as well as in identifying specific business opportunities and building relationships worldwide”, said Hamid Dhiya Jafar, Executive Chairman of Dana Gas. “This in turn will raise the international profile of the company as the regional private-sector leader in the gas industry”.
“Dana Gas is currently building a strong foundation for its future growth strategy, including building a professional and experienced management team, and reviewing a number of acquisition opportunities and gas projects in the Gulf and across the Middle East region, including North Africa and South Asia”, said Rashid Saif Al-Jarwan, General Manager of Dana Gas.
“The International Advisory Board will play a very positive role in helping the company realize its growth plans.”
Dana Gas PJSC is the first regional private sector natural gas resource enterprise established in the Gulf, and has a wide shareholding from all across the region.