North West Shelf Venture preparation contract for Phase V
Posted: 29 July 2005
Woodside Energy Ltd, operator of the North West Shelf Venture reported the award of a site preparation and temporary facilities contract to Australian company Macmahon Contractors Pty Ltd.
The contract, worth approximately A$50 million, will be supervised and managed by the Phase V LNG expansion engineering, procurement and construction management company Foster Wheeler WA Pty Ltd and Worley Parsons Services Pty Ltd, known as Foster Wheeler Worley.
Macmahon Contractors is a division of Macmahon Holdings Ltd, a listed Australian specialist contracting and services group which has an annual turnover in excess of A$650 million.
Site preparations will commence in August 2005 and all temporary facilities and works associated with the contract are expected to be completed by mid-2006.
The site preparation and temporary facilities contract includes the:
- Re-routing of existing roads near the construction project site
- Construction of new roads, rundown and drainage culverts
- Removal of redundant process plant and structures on the project site
- Provision of bulk earthworks
- Relocation of plant services and utilities and,
- Installation of temporary facilities including security and safety infrastructure, offices, crib rooms and ablution areas.
"The award of this contract establishes a new relationship between the North West Shelf Venture and Macmahon and we look forward to working with them on this major LNG expansion project," said Woodside’s Director of North West Shelf Ventures, Dr Jack Hamilton.
The six equal participants in the NWS Project are:
- Woodside Energy Ltd (16.67per cent) (Operator);
- BHP Billiton (North West Shelf) Pty Ltd (16.67per cent);
- BP Developments Australia Pty Ltd (16.67per cent);
- Chevron Australia Pty Ltd (16.67per cent);
- Japan Australia LNG (MIMI) Pty Ltd (16.67per cent); and
- Shell Development (Australia) Proprietary Limited (16.67per cent).
CNOOC NWS Private Limited is also a member of the North West Shelf Venture but does not have an interest in North West Shelf Venture infrastructure.
For more information see www.woodside.com.au