energyme.com :: news + energy + technology
     
  The Tuesday Letter
Subscribe
Submit Articles
Feedback
Search
Advertise
Events
Product Reviews
Monthly Edition
Energy Archive
 
     
  Press Releases  
  Send press releases to richard@energyme.com  
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
 

ENERGY NEWS

 
     
 

ExxonMobil announces first gas production at Arthur Field in southern North Sea

Posted: 18 January 2005

Exxon Mobil Corporation subsidiary, Mobil North Sea Limited (MNSL), has produced first gas from the Arthur Field in the United Kingdom southern North Sea.

The Arthur Field, in Block 53/02, is located about 30 miles east of Bacton, Norfolk, in approximately 140 feet of water. It was discovered in October 2003. The field is a subsea development tied back to the existing ExxonMobil-operated Thames platform by a new 20-mile, 12-inch pipeline and umbilical. The produced gas is exported via the existing pipeline to the Bacton terminal. The project is expected to produce at gross rates of up to 110 million cubic feet per day with an ultimate recovery estimated at 130 billion cubic feet (gross).

Robert Olsen, chairman, ExxonMobil International Limited, said, "We are delighted to have been able to bring the field into production in just over a year using subsea technology and optimising existing infrastructure to capture reserves faster and at lower unit development costs."

The field may ultimately comprise up to three development wells connected to the Arthur manifold via 8-inch pipelines and umbilicals.

The Arthur 2 well is to be spudded in the near future and a potential third well may be drilled later in 2005.

MNSL is the operator of the field with 70 percent interest. Co-venturer EOG Resources United Kingdom Limited, a subsidiary of EOG Resources, Inc, holds the remaining 30 percent.

ExxonMobil is one of the largest producers of oil and gas in the UK, with interests in some 90 fields. In the northern North Sea, ExxonMobil operates the Beryl area complex and the SAGE gas system and terminal at St. Fergus. In the southern North Sea, in addition to its operatorship of the Arthur field and Thames complex, ExxonMobil also operates the Camelot, Lancelot, Guinevere, Excalibur, Galahad and Malory fields.

For more information see www.exxonmobil.com

 

 
     

The Tuesday Letter