energyme.com :: news + energy + technology
     
  The Tuesday Letter
Subscribe
Submit Articles
Feedback
Search
Advertise
Events
Product Reviews
Monthly Edition
Energy Archive
 
     
  RSS feeds RSS Feeds  
     
   
     
   
     
     
     
   
     
   
     
 

BUSINESS NEWS

 
     
 

McDermott wins subsea contract in Malaysia

Posted: 12 July 2011

McDermott International reported the award of a subsea contract to its Malaysian subsidiary for deepwater offshore engineering and construction, including transportation and installation of subsea infrastructure.

The award is for the Kikeh Subsea Expansion Project by Murphy Sabah Oil Co., Ltd for the engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning of pipelines and an umbilical and subsea hardware package.

Engineering work on the Kikeh Subsea Expansion Project has started and is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2012.

The Kikeh area is located 120 kilometers northwest of Labuan, Malaysia, in 1,350 meters of water and is Malaysia’s first deepwater oil discovery.

Murphy, as Operator, has an 80% working interest in the Kikeh Field with Petronas Carigali Sdn. Bhd. holding the remaining 20% interest.

 

 
     

 


Advertise here

Dana Gas

SABIC